I-VOL Terms and Conditions for Volunteers
I-VOL is the national searchable database of volunteering opportunities in Ireland and is owned, managed and administered by Volunteer Ireland and the network of Volunteer Centres and Volunteering Information Services across Ireland.
Individuals may register profiles on I-VOL and apply for volunteering positions that are listed. These Terms and Conditions apply to anyone who uses I-VOL (hereinafter, “You” or “Your”).
Organisations may also register on I-VOL and list volunteering opportunities that are available with them. The terms and conditions which apply to such Organisations may be accessed here https://www.i-vol.ie/terms-and-conditions-for-organisations/ .
Use of I-VOL
By using I-VOL, You are deemed to have agreed to these Terms and Conditions (together with the documents to which they refer). If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, you should not use I-VOL.
We reserve the right to vary these Terms and Conditions at any time.
Use of Information Provided
When You register on I-VOL, Your personal data will be processed for the following reasons:
- To assist You with Your desire to volunteer,
- To provide You with information about volunteering and our services,
- To carry out research which helps us gain a better understanding of volunteering in Ireland and,
- To improve our services to You and other volunteers.
For more detailed information about how we process your personal data, please refer to our https://www.i-vol.ie/privacy-notices-for-volunteers/.
[Please also read our Cookies Policy which sets out information about the cookies on this website.]
Content of I-VOL Results or Searches
All information relating to volunteers, volunteer-involving organisations and volunteer opportunities is provided by others. We do not have the resources to verify that information or to take responsibility for the accuracy of that information. Accordingly users of I-Vol must take their own steps to verify the information and the bona fides of parties using I-Vol and use the I-VOL service and information obtained from it at their own risk. We disclaim all liability howsoever arising whether in contract, tort or otherwise (including, but not limited to, liability for any negligent act or omission) to You or any other person in respect of any claims or losses of any nature, arising directly or indirectly from reliance on any information contained on I-VOL.
Registering your interest in Volunteering Opportunities
Individuals may register profiles on I-VOL and apply for volunteering positions that are listed by organisations.
We, and our administrators, do not screen, vet and/or select potential organisations with volunteering opportunities available. For the avoidance of doubt, the advertising of a volunteer opportunity on behalf of an organisation does not imply any endorsement on our part of either the organisation itself or its aims and objectives nor have any related volunteering opportunities been assessed or approved in any way.
In registering a profile on I-Vol, applying for a volunteering position advertised on I-VOL or otherwise availing of any services on our website, the things You must do include:
- provide true, accurate and complete information in your application form;
- read and accept these Terms and Conditions for volunteers and volunteer candidates intending to use I-VOL;
- not use I-VOL where You have been required to notify the Gardaí that you have been convicted of an offence under the Sex Offences Act 2001 or have been otherwise convicted of an offence which would make it inappropriate for You to apply for volunteering positions;
- acknowledge and agree that an organisation may require that you undergo Garda Vetting where the volunteering role in question involves relevant work with children or vulnerable adults or other activities which require by law Garda Vetting;
- not post any content on I-VOL that is unlawful, libellous, defamatory, discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, offensive, harassing, threatening, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate;
- not post any content on I-VOL that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for the commission of a criminal offence, infringe the rights of any party, or otherwise infringe any applicable law;
- not post any content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, right in confidential information, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- not post any content on I-VOL that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with an person or entity; or
- not post any content on I-VOL that may infringe a third party’s privacy rights.
We reserve the right to remove, without explanation or notice and at our sole discretion, profiles and applications which do not comply with these requirements, or which we deem to be inappropriate, misleading, offensive or harassing.
Further, although we have no obligation to moderate content on I-VOL, we reserve the right to monitor any information transmitted or received through I-VOL and to reject, block, suspend or remove Your profile or applications at any time and at our sole discretion, including in response to any complaints received about Your profile or applications.
Restrictions on Use of Materials
The contents of I-VOL are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Your use of I-VOL and its contents are subject to the following restrictions. You may not:
- use any content in any manner that may infringe any of our copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights, or the intellectual property rights of any other third parties, including our licensors; or
- reproduce, modify, display, perform, republish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, communicate to the public or circulate to any third party or exploit this database in any way including for any commercial purpose, without our prior written consent, which may be given or refused at our sole discretion.
In order to seek our consent, please contact us at [email protected]. If consent is obtained, it will be on the strict condition, amongst other requirements, that You may not amend or delete any author attribution, trademark, legend or copyright notice.
You must not misuse I-VOL by knowingly or recklessly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to I-VOL, the server on which I-VOL is stored or any server, computer or database connected to I-VOL. You must not attack I-VOL via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
We reserve the right to refuse access to I-VOL or the services contained herein in our discretion, including, without limitation, if we believe that particular conduct violates applicable law, is harmful to our interests or is in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
We expressly reserve all rights in and to the name “I-VOL”, “The National Volunteer Database” and our I-VOL logo. Other trademarks, products and company names mentioned on I-VOL may be trademarks owned by other organisations and individuals, or in use by their licensees, and the rights to such trademarks are reserved to such owners or licensees. .
These Terms and Conditions apply only to I-VOL and not to any third party websites, the links to which may be contained on I-VOL. We are not responsible for the content of any other website to which I-VOL links and under no circumstances will we be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damage that is caused or alleged to have been caused to You in connection with Your use of, or reliance on, any content, goods or services available on any website which is accessible by link on I-VOL. We do not endorse or take responsibility for the contents, advertising, products or other materials made available through any other site.
Any websites linked to I-VOL may not contain any adult or illegal material or any material that could be considered offensive or harassing, in our sole opinion. We reserve the right to remove content and links to I-VOL which we deem to be inappropriate, misleading, offensive or harassing without notice or explanation.
Disclaimers and Limitations and Exclusions of Liability
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, You acknowledge that the services and materials on I-VOL are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind whatsoever, either express or implied.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, we make no warranty regarding, and shall have no responsibility for, the completeness, accuracy, availability, reliability, security, suitability, fitness for purpose or performance of I-VOL or the contents thereof. You are solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or any data lost as a result of downloading or otherwise obtaining any material from I-VOL.
The information on I-VOL may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. We do not represent that I-VOL is accurate or complete and we accept no responsibility for any reliance on Your part on the information contained on I-VOL.
You acknowledge and agree that we may temporarily suspend access to I-VOL for any reason without notice, including but not limited to where there is a breakdown, error, defect or malfunction of any part of I-VOL. We may also terminate, change, or discontinue any aspect of I-VOL, including the availability of any content or features of I-VOL, at any time without notice or liability.
Under no circumstances will we, or any other third parties associated with I-VOL, be held liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damage whatsoever that is caused or alleged to have been caused to You in connection with Your use of, inability to use or reliance on, any content, goods or services available on I-VOL, including any websites linked to I-VOL or the materials or information contained on such websites, whether based on contract, tort or any other legal theory.
Where we gather information or references on behalf of an organisation in connection with a volunteering opportunity we make no representation or warranty regarding the collection, use, processing or storage of that information by the organisation concerned. We do not take responsibility for the complete or accurate transmission of information or references – this responsibility is Yours.
Except as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions, all representations, warranties, terms and conditions whether express or implied in relation to I-VOL or the information contained herein are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
As a condition of use of I-VOL, You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified us and our affiliates, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liabilities, other expenses (including costs and legal fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of I-VOL.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
As a condition of use of I-VOL, You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified We control and operate this site from the Volunteering Ireland offices and the various Volunteer Centre and Volunteer Information Services offices in Ireland.
These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law and You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts for the resolution of disputes hereunder.